What is Information Literacy?
Information literacy is the ability to find, access, evaluate, and use information effectively and ethically.
Check out the Information Literacy Comptency Standards for Higher Education for more information.
What Will I Learn from this Library Session?
After this session, students will be familiar with topics such as...
- Key databases to find scholarly journal articles
- Important journals in the field and where to find them
- The difference between library databases and the web
- The difference between scholarly articles and popular articles
- How to properly cite research in your work
Art & Media Research
For your research projects, we will focus on books in the library (as well as e-books) and databases to which the library subscribes.
Sample book owned by Potter Library (Click on cover for more information):