Welcome to the George T. Potter Library!
100 Level Assessment Survey
Thank you for taking our anonymous survey. It should take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete the survey. The results will help us improve our information literacy sessions. Please only take the survey once.
What Will I Learn from this Library Session?
After this session, students will be familiar with topics such as...
- Key databases to find scholarly journal articles
- Important journals in the field and where to find them
- The difference between library databases and the web
- The difference between scholarly articles and popular articles
- How to properly cite research in your work
What is Information Literacy?
Information literacy is the ability to locate, access, evaluate, and use information effectively and ethically. Information literacy is an important component of your FYS course (Goal #3 in Course Goals on your syllabus), and you will showcase your information literacy skills in your final research paper.